Monthly Men’s Group Meeting
The MIJ program offers monthly meetings of like-minded men with a view to building community and friendship through sharing our life issues. The group provides a place where you can:
- be safe to share feelings and viewpoints
- lessen isolation
- build friendships
- speak openly and honestly
We meet with the goal of creating a safe space to be ourselves and raise issues we face as men – all issues are open for discussion. Each man presents his own issues, and what feedback, if any, he wants from the group.
The group makes a point of not trying to ‘fix’ anyone. Confidentiality is assured – a meeting rule/agreement is that anything discussed in the ‘talking circle’ stays within the room.
There are no pre-requisites for joining the meetings they are open to anyone who wishes to participate.
Meetings commence at 7:30PM and are held in Collingwood, Highett and Warrandyte each month:
- Central – Collingwood – 1st Tuesday of the Month - Collingwood library, 11 Stanton Street, Abbotsford
- Southern – Highett – 2nd Tuesday of the Month - Highett Neighbourhood Community House, 2 Livingston Street, Highett
- Eastern – Warrandyte – 4th Tuesday of the Month – The conference room at Currawong Bush Park, 277 Reynolds Road, Warrandyte. (Near the start/end of Springvale Road).
Contact David Mallard 0408-549-092 or Roger Hilton 0411-040-554
Adelaide:2nd Tuesday of the month7.30-9.30pmThe Box Factory, 59a Regent Street South, Adelaide
North:4th Monday of the Month7:00 PM until 9:00 PMThe Mawson Centre, Room MC2-03University of South Australia
Website: http://www.meetup.com/Adelaide-MensGroup/ Contact: Darren 0477-606-616