Monthly Men’s Group Meetings
The MIJ program offers monthly meetings of like-minded men with a view to building community and friendship through sharing our life issues. The group provides a place where you can:
- be safe to share feelings and viewpoints
- lessen isolation
- build friendships
- speak openly and honestly
We meet with the goal of creating a safe space to be ourselves and raise issues we face as men – all issues are open for discussion. Each man presents his own issues, and what feedback, if any, he wants from the group.
The group makes a point of not trying to ‘fix’ anyone. Confidentiality is assured – a meeting rule/agreement is that anything discussed in the ‘talking circle’ stays within the room.
There are no pre-requisites for joining the meetings they are open to anyone who wishes to participate.
Men’s Group meeting. The meetings are held in Collingwood, Highett, Werribee South and Warrandyte.
Visit our MeetUp site to register for the next meeting.
- Central – North Fitzroy – 1st Tuesday of the Month Address: Bargoonga Nganjin, North Fitzroy Library – Seminar Room 1&2, 182-186 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy 3068
- Southern – Highett – 2nd Tuesday of the Month Address: Highett Neighbourhood Community House, 2 Livingston Street, Highett, 3190
- Western – Werribee South – 3rd Tuesday of the Month Address: Soldiers Memorial Hall, 450 Diggers Road (corner Whites Road) Werribee South.
- Eastern – Warrandyte – 4th Tuesday of the Month Address: The conference room at Currawong Bush Park Conference Room, 277/285 Reynolds Road, Warrandyte, 3113. (Near the start/end of Springvale Road).
Contact David Mallard 0408-549-092 or Roger Hilton 0411-040-554
Adelaide:2nd Tuesday of the month7.30-9.30pmThe Box Factory, 59a Regent Street South, Adelaide
North:4th Monday of the Month7:00 PM until 9:00 PMThe Mawson Centre, Room MC2-03University of South Australia
Website: http://www.meetup.com/Adelaide-MensGroup/ Contact: Darren 0477-606-616